NCAI to Launch 2020 Native Vote Efforts with Star-Studded Virtual Rally
WASHINGTON, D.C. | On Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. EDT, National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) President Fawn Sharp and DJ Emcee One will co-host the Native Vote Taking Action in 2020 Virtual Rally. This event will serve as the official kick-off for NCAI’s Native Vote initiative for 2020 and will stream live online via NCAI’s Facebook
channels to launch voter engagement in one of the most important years for civic engagement in Indian Country.
The evening’s lineup features appearances by:
· Congresswoman Deb Haaland (NM)
· Mark Trahant, Indian Country Today and The Trahant Report
· Natalie Landreth, Native American Rights Fund
· OJ Semans, Sr., Four Directions, Inc.
· Shelly Diaz, Native Vote Coordinator, Minnesota
· Nichole Donaghy, Native Vote Coordinator, North Dakota
· Jasha Lyons-Echohawk, Native Vote Coordinator, Oklahoma
· Lindsey McCovey, Native Vote Coordinator, California
· Teresa Melendez, Native Vote Coordinator, Nevada
· Travis Lane, Native Vote Coordinator, Arizona
· Anthony Tamez-Pochel, Youth Board Member, Center for Native American Youth
Native Vote is a legacy, nonpartisan voting initiative of NCAI which focuses on the key pillars of Voter Registration and Get-Out-The-Native-Vote (GOTNV), Election Protection, Education, and Data Collection. To read more about the Native Vote initiative, visit www.nativevote.org.
About the National Congress of American Indians:
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. NCAI advocates on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies, and promoting a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people and rights. For more information, visit www.ncai.org.